Why Do The Citizens of India Need a Passport?
Passport in India is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. The document is essential for traveling foreign for a variety of purposes. It could be a pilgrimage, education, travel, or business meetings.
Moreover, a passport also serves as a verification of one’s citizenship of a country. It includes the following details- photo, name, birth date, gender, and some physical characteristics. With the Government of India announcing new rules, it has now become much more convenient to get your passport made.
In this blog, we shall talk about the procedure involved in getting your passport done and how you can make this process much simpler with the help of passport agencies.
Processes involved in getting your passport done
The procedure to applying for a passport in India can be divided into 2 parts-
- Apply for a passport through e-form submission.
- To get your passport done via e-form submission, you need to get yourself registered on Passport Seva Portal.
- Once you register, log in to the Passport Seva Portal.
- Now download the e-form, fill it and click on the Validate and Save button. You will then get an XML file which you will require subsequently.
- The next step will be uploading your XML file via Upload e-form.
- Once you have uploaded the form, click on the ‘pay and schedule appointment’ link, so that you can schedule your appointment with Passport Seva Kendra. Browse for the PSK location and choose the one that is most suitable for you.
- Through Online Fee Calculator, calculate your fee for passport services and make the payment.
- It’s time to visit PSK with the desired documents. These may include- Proof of Date of Birth, Identity proof with photograph, Proof of Residence, etc.
2. Apply through a passport application online.
- To apply through passport applications online, you need to get yourself registered on Passport Seva Portal. Then, log in to the Passport Seva Portal.
- Go to the Apply for Fresh Passport or Reissue of Passport link and fill in the particulars and submit.
- Once you have submitted the form, click on ‘pay and schedule an appointment’ so that you can schedule an appointment at PSK.
- You can now search for PSK locations and go for the one that suits you.
- Calculate your fee for the service using Online Fee Calculator and make the transaction.
- Go to the booked PSK and take the required documents along. These may include- Proof of Date of Birth, Identity proof with photograph, Proof of Residence, etc.
What do passport agents do in getting your passport done?
Passport agencies/agents make the process of getting your passport done fast, hassle-free, reliable, and seamless. Where to find them? You can get them either by searching in your vicinity or by simply googling ‘passport agency near me’.
How do they assist you?
The primary job of the passport agent is to gather all your required documents with full security and initiate the passport application. The further procedure is carried out by the agency’s professionals with utmost proficiency. This way, you can get your passport made in no time and with limited effort.,